Who would have thought that we'd be embarking on our 9th year of homeschooling come Fall 2009? That's not counting preschool. Surely the Lord has sustained me on this journey I'd never planned to take. I remember the first year of school with Mr. Al. We would usually have 4 bad days and 1 OK day (have I ever mentioned that he was a strongwilled little bugger?). I must have beat my head against the wall daily back then (maybe that's why I'm a bit absentminded now?).
So here we are. It's amazing what we've accomplished when I really look at it. I tend to kick myself for the things we didn't do rather than focus on what we DID do. It's really better to do the latter. What will fall bring for Mr. Al? Here is the tentative line-up:
CORE
English: Elements of Style; Style, Lessons in Clarity and Grace; Wordly Wise 9
History: Omnibus I from Veritas (and many accompanying books) - Ancient History
Mathematics: Teaching Textbooks Algebra II
Reading: Smarr's Introduction to Literature
Science: Hakim's Story of Science Vol. 1-3; TOPS science lab books; supplementary reading
NON-CORE
Art: Annotated Mona Lisa
Greek: Elementary Greek Year 2 by Gatchell; Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar; Graded Reader of Biblical Greek
Latin: Latina Christiana 2; Ludere Latin 2
Logic: Intermediate Logic (Canon Press); Art of Argument; Thinking Toolbox; Challenging Logic Puzzles
Music: ??? Maybe something else from The Great Courses
PE: Variety of exercises
Religion: Character Building for Families Vol. 2; individual study
I'm very excited for him to get to work on all of this next year. We usually tweak as we go until we get in a groove (and many things being only once a week), but he's a very good student and LOVES Greek.
So there you have it...from Kindergarten to this...Thank you, Lord for blessing our journey!
Class of 2018
8 years ago
testing... testing... one... two... three
ReplyDelete