I confess that today was a chocolate day. By 10am this morning, I needed chocolate...and a room all to myself where I could pretend I wasn't mom for a few minutes. It's amazing what a few minutes of refocusing can do to change my perspective. I knew that God saw where I was, and that He didn't want me to hide out all day, and He reminded me to focus on what was TRUE and REAL (thank you Elizabeth George for imprinting that phrase on my mind). It was true that my house was a real mess, that my kids needed me (and not grumpy mom!), and that I had cello students coming in less than 4 hours. I emerged from my momentary asylum with a changed attitude knowing the Lord was with me and that He cared for me!
"I will lift up mine eyes to the hills...my help cometh from the Lord" Ps. 121
Class of 2018
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment