You didn't think I'd do it, huh? I'm one of those odd people who files AND piles, so I'm not sure what the experts do with that. I'll be the first to admit that some of my filing is actually just vertical piling, but let's not go there.
I had a friend in college who had this spot on the floor of her room affectionately called "The Pile." That was the first place to look for something missing...or even just something. Ah, the memories. So, not to let go of that, I've continued the tradition in my own home.
Most of my piles are revolving piles. The most visible pile really just depends on where you are standing at any given time. There is the kitchen counter/desk pile (very small after yesterday's sorting), the schoolwork to grade pile that often camouflage's my paper project pile (it's actually smaller than usual, too), the list pile (see previous post), the cookbooks to go through pile, the books to read pile, the pile of things for Mr. Tech to go through, and I think it's safe to say that Miss Rose has several piles of who knows what in her room. Laundry piles could count since they are definitely revolving, but they are contained and maintained.
My veritcal piles er..files are a topic for another post...another decade...
Now I've got the purging bug again. I might have to continue to post about my eye sores, because they are always better in a day or two afterward. Hmmm...in that case, the next topic is The Rose Room...enter if you dare!
Class of 2018
8 years ago
ok, lol, I just about busted a gut laughing about you making markers to warn of piles. :D
ReplyDeleteThe only pile(s) I have are cooking magazines ... which really cracks my kids up because they always want the same old meals anyway. ONE DAY !!
ReplyDelete