I imagine that some of my homeschool rules don't make much sense to my kids. I don't think they will ever understand that even if the hours are in, the text/book must be finished. Or how about the injustice of no computer until your schoolwork is done (unless computer is require for subject). I musn't forget "don't pick you nose." A timeless classic to be sure. Case closed.
according to my DD, the good thing about reading the Entirety of the Code of Hammurabi (she read it twice for me, not sure if she's had to do it again in college or not) is that you will never have to read anything more obnoxiously boring and error-ridden. Of course, there were a few other titles she did not like (Mein Kampf comes to mind). However, she DID love the writing assignment where you had to write in the style of Hammurabi... in fact, she had a bit too much fun with that one, as I recall. Hmmm.... I may have to ask if she ever blogged it...
ReplyDeleteand how do you think you'd like a movie of that book? Hmmm? Not much potential there, is there?
Oh, no. I am back with proverbial egg on my face. It is NOT Hammurabi that is the most boring thing ever... it is Herodotus. DD gave me the link to a very old blog of hers with the essay she generated for that class:http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/opckid/98984/
ReplyDelete