In the frenzy of fall, it appears that I've neglected my poor blog. However, I have accomplished a few things:
1) School is going a bit better. I even have Miss Rose's curriculum for next year and have made some decisions about things for the others. Thinking ahead keeps me going for this year. :-)
2) My personal project is coming along. I think I have about two more weeks to finish it. This week hasn't been so great for it, and other things came up this weekend.
3) Next weekend is my cousin's bridal shower. We were working on things for that today, and I think it's going to be lovely!
4) I'm on the homestretch for Christmas gifts. I even wrote out a list of what I have for specific people, ideas for the rest, and a list of gifts I have that aren't currently assigned to anyone.
5) The living room is back in order except for wall hangings. I'm holding off on those until the kitchen is done, but suffice it to say, many no longer match, because they went with the forest green decor. I put out my tablecloth, and it clashed badly, but I realized I had a curtain that I didn't end up needing, and it's the same color as the curtains, and amazingly enough, it fits the table. I should probably rehem it, but that would be too easy.
6) We've had a youth activity here for our church and discussed some future events. It's a good, little group, and I think we shall have some good times. We also discussed the sword-fighting group we are trying to get going for Mr. Al.
7) We went hunting for a 3/4 size violin for Miss Daisy. After trying several at a couple of shops, we came home with four and added in two that friends were selling. We narrowed it down to one with the help of her teacher and some other friends, and we will be settling all of that on Wednesday. Yay!
8) E has kept things in stitches (and messes) around her. Her latest quip has been in regards to donuts. When offered the rest of hers for breakfast, she declared, "No! You can't have donuts for breakfast. They are bad for you!" She forgot that they were ok for lunch the day before, but oh well. LOL
I guess that's it for now.
~cello
Class of 2018
8 years ago
I am jealous of #4. Of course, not jealous enough to get to work or anything like that.
ReplyDeleteAnd, the big question: Did E finish the donut or not?