Last night I had the experience of revisiting my youth a bit...just a step back in time to church youth camps and friends. I heard several say "those were the best days of my life!" and while I could concur that I had some nice times, even some things that shaped my Christian walk today, I had to reply that I really like my life NOW. I don't think I would go back. I have good memories, but it was so nice to be able to say that I'm happy with who I am, where I am, and what we do as a family. I think that surprised some people. My life is full of joy, and I saw much emptiness. I credit my close family ties and solid Christian teaching, and it makes me want to strive even harder to build those strong bonds with my husband and children.
I have my class reunion coming up, and I'm only planning to go to a small (read free) part of it. It will be interesting to see how people have changed since I last saw some of them. I pray that the Lord will be able to use my life as a witness to others that day.
Toby, dh said that he found a waterproof mike for $250 and another do-it-yourself version on youtube (much cheaper, but I won't mention what the waterproof material was in such respectable company). Dh also has another idea for a waterproof console. I've got him thinking now. Maybe we are onto something. Luckily my blog isn't highly read so maybe we'll get rich off of it. ROFL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment