Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Under His Mercy

We've really been enjoying our morning devotionals together. We've returned to using Character Building for Families, only we are in Volume 2. We used Volume 1 about 2 or 3 years ago, and it's nice to see the maturity that has taken place since then. The current topic is "Mercy." This followed "Desire for Jesus." We also usually cover 2 days at a time, because the attention spans are much longer now. An added blessing is that my personal devotions have often prepared me for what we are studying together.

Today as we discussed the topic of forgiveness and recognized that sometimes this is really hard. Corrie ten Boom shared about meeting one of the meanest guards from the concentration camp, and how he asked for her forgiveness. Relying on the Lord's strength, and not her own, she was able to extend her hand and grant that forgiveness and was blessed with feeling the Lord's spirit through her body. I'm reminded that the Lord gives us strength when we are weak, and that our strength will be renewed when we wait on Him. May we each trust in Him to do what we must.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for your haiku!

    and I never thanked you for the music theory 101. I appreciate it. I had another question rattling around in my head today while Mr Music practiced... oh, yes... he likes taking a piece and changing the rhythm... I think syncopating it... is that an OK thing for me to let him be messing with once he has learned a piece? He gets some interesting results...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to comment again because I cannot stand seeing that "1 comments" thing. That's all.

    ReplyDelete