Monday, March 15, 2010

Just a normal day?

Within the span of an hour tonight, several things have occurred...most of them fairly normal.

Mr. Al: Can I go chop some wood?
ME: Sure. (trying not to sound too amazed)

Miss Rose (to Miss Daisy): Are you mad ALL day?
Miss D: NO. (hmmm...)

Miss Rose proceeds to sharpen her pencils and spill the sharpener on the floor which then requires the small dust pan and broom.



ME (to Miss D): Why don't you put on some Casting Crowns? (hoping to lighten her mood)
Miss D: (in a challenging voice) The one you don't like because it's so rocky?
ME: I don't care.
Miss D: Even if I put it on repeat?
ME: I don't care.
Miss D then puts on the original, starts making up dances, then eventually grabs the guitar and plays along to a couple she knows. I continue making a tossed salad in the kitchen. Moods are lightened as praises are lifted to God...the days worries are washed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment