Sunday, May 3, 2009

Peace in the little things

It's amazing how God places things around me at just the right time to give me peace and strength. Today, as I need to feel His presence around me and covet prayers, I've been blessed with these simple things to lift me up:

Miss Rose came in singing "When I am afraid, I will trust in Him."

The scripture on my chat board reads, "They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers." Acts 1:14

My laugh and lift quote is, "Jesus Christ is the divine Physician and Pharmacist, and his prescriptions are never out of balance." - Vance Havner The "lift" part is called "Eternal Healing" and ends with,

We must trust God to refine and strengthen our faith - even if by fire! No matter what trials we face, we must trust that "in all things God works for the good of those who love Him" (Romans 8:28). And we must continue to believe that He is at work in our lives (even right now) accomplishing a true and eternal healing.

And just minutes ago as I looked out my kitchen window, I saw a sparrow and was reminded that He knows even when a sparrow falls, and "I know He watches me!"

Thank you, Lord, for all of these reminders that you are in control and that Your will is perfect.

1 comment: